SC - Lorix's Husband

Lee-Gwen Booth piglet006 at globalfreeway.com.au
Wed Jun 28 18:56:55 PDT 2000

Last December, I made a large batch, and the ratio of honey to
breadcrumbs was close to 1:2 IIRC. I used the Pleyn Delit recipe for the
estimate, but switched to the Miscellany in the end. I premeasured the
breadcrumbs and just added them by hand until it wouldn't take anymore.
The result was a firm marzipan texture. Easily pliable when it was too
hot to handle, slightly more maleable than modeling clay when at room
temperature. I have since found a terra cotta cookie stamp with a lion's
face, which is very close to our kingdom badge, and have taken the
leftover gingerbread, rolled it into 1"/2.5cm balls and pressed them
flat with the wetted cookie press. Nice presentation.

Seumas