SC - hypoglycaemia

pat fee lcatherinemc at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 27 20:08:17 PDT 2000

In a message dated 6/26/00 11:33:57 PM Eastern Daylight Time, harper at idt.net
writes:

<< Sorry -- I put that info in my post to the Rialto and forgot to include it
 here.  An azumbre is a Spanish liquid measure equal to about 2 liters.
 So you want about a liter of milk for this recipe.

 Lady Brighid ni Chiarain >>

Another question......wouldn't it be a bit easier to just say about 2 liters
than to keep the word 'azumbre'? I have redacted several recipes from the
middle eastern corpus and I always give the measurement for 'uqqiya' rather
than write 6 uqqiya. Is there a good reason for not translating the original
measurement word that I am unaware of?

Ras

Countless numbers of people have eaten in my kitchen and gone on to lead
normal lives.
http://members.aol.com/AbhainnCG/