SC - Aqua vitae recipes from The Art of Distilation (fwd)

Joan Nicholson gryphon at carlsbadnm.com
Wed Jun 28 07:46:56 PDT 2000

Ok.  I am still very much interested in getting at least one, maybe 2 of the
bottles you describe, depending on what others want.

I've got another question, however.  I just contacted a local source for brewing
supplies, Maryland Homebrew.  They tell me that they sell must as a kind of
concentrate to which yeast and water are added as the first step in making wine.
Is this what I need for the mustard, which I would then boil down to concentrate
even more?  If so, any suggestions as to a specific type of must...I know it
should be grape, and, given the fact that the mustard is "red", I would assume a
red wine...but should I go for a particular type of red?

Thanks!

Kiri