SC - "Dining with William Shakespeare"

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Thu Jun 29 07:32:35 PDT 2000

In a message dated 6/29/00 7:57:49 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
WyteRayven at aol.com writes:

<< And I was hungry, but I was dieting, and that is one of the normal signs
of being on a diet. :-/ >>

Actually, it's not a symptom of a diet. It is a symptom in dieting of not
having regulated glucose levels. Everyone seems to make that mistake
regarding dieting, but you should never, ever feel shaky, sleepy, or headachy
on a diet unless you are cutting off caffine. And even then, professionals
state that you cut it back a little each day to avoid the headache and
shakes. If this tends to happen to you when you are dieting, then you are not
taking in enough in amounts of slow burning and metabolizing foods; try
smaller meals closer together. Consider "grazing" as a lifestyle. My kids
used to joke that I always had something to eat in my purse or in my mouth....

Lars