SC - Re: Aoife's Complaint

Siegfried Heydrich baronsig at peganet.com
Fri Jun 2 20:12:25 PDT 2000

    Um. A few points. When I saw the original post, I recognized it, having
seen it before elsewhere. I just hit 'Delete' and went to the next post, and
never gave it another thought. We haven't gotten anything else from this
fellow, just a single posting in poor taste. That's a post, not spam. He
wasn't selling anything. And if he was trolling, he's been spectacularly
successful, I might add.
    If you want to bitch him out, all you have to do is right click on the
message header in your Inbox, click Properties, and then click Details. His
e-mail addy is right there, along with the path his message took to get to
the list. That's how I know he was in Boston.
    Also, if you want to make sure you never, ever, get anything from this
fellow again, click Tools on the menu bar, Message Rules, Blocked Senders
List, and put his name there. From that point on, any message he sends will
automatically go into your Deleted Items folder. So if he DID send you
several e-mail messages a day for a year, you probably wouldn't even notice
it.
    This is a micro-issue, and I don't understand why it's being flogged the
way it is. I'm much more concerned about viruses in my mail, invitations to
make $10,000 my first month, or porno come-ons than somebody's idea of a
really bad joke. And I'm going to scream if I get one more "Save Elian from
being sent to Castro's hellhole!" post.
    And BTW, how come nobody got all haired up over the 'Peerage Cookbook'
that was posted a few months back? Exactly the same subject matter, but I
didn't hear a word said . . .

    Sieggy