SC - vellum/parchment (OT)

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Thu Jun 8 21:14:37 PDT 2000

Balthazar of Blackmoor asked:
>  Unfortunately, the gentleman
> whom I was hoping to provide me with vellum has gone on Hiatus for awhile.
> Any other good, reasonable sources out there?

Check this file in the SCRIBAL ARTS section of my Florilegium:
parchment-msg     (64K) 11/17/98    Making and buying parchment. substitutes.

One of the folks that has given freely of his time to those interested
in parchment is Rick Cavasin, known in the SCA as Balderik. He makes and
sells parchment. I believe he is the only one in the US that does. He
can get you almost any kind you want, although if he doesn't have it in
stock it could take a little while. For those wanting to made glue his
scraps might be a good way to go.

He has an website at: http://www.niagara.com/~acavasin/rick/rcav.html

Even if you end up buying somewhere else, his parchment information
and care instructions are worth reading.

He sells to folks all over the world. Very few of his customers are
SCA folks though.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net