SC - Re: Question re. Cooks Guild badges

Lorix lorix at trump.net.au
Sat Jun 10 14:30:08 PDT 2000

Then Mel wrote:

> As you are one who will be making the banners/badges/coins etc

> I think you could make our badge whatever you think your sanity could cope
> with !!

Well, I kinda like the salamander idea (the name is cute too ;-), but
as one who is currently making _lots_ of banners - I _love_ plain
geometric colours, they are _much_ easier to sew!!!!!  But, if _you_
are the one going to do the sewing - well I will applaud whatever you
decide (question your sanity if it is really detailed, but applaud the
effort nonetheless ;-)

I have to say though, I sort of like a cauldron:  having just sewn the
scribes ink-pot banner.  (it wasn't that difficult to sew).  All the
animals I have been sewing have left me cursing all that creativeness
of heralds & populace - give me geometric or large generic type shapes
_any_ time.  As the scribes badge is a gold inkpot on a black
background - to avoid heraldic conflict (if we used a cauldron) maybe
a gold cauldron on a red background with a white spoon (since a spoon
is the award for cooking comps ;-).  However, as I said at the
beginning - if _you_ are sewing the banners: I _love_ the salamander!
<g>

Lorix