SC - egg tempera was: quenelles again...

pat fee lcatherinemc at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 11 09:24:15 PDT 2000

  Yes, you need to refrigerate it, covered.  If you don't it becomes a resin
type blob in about 3 hours at room temp. You need to let it come to room
temp. before you use it again.  I have worked with this medium a while now
and have found that if you seal it with yolk mixed with a little rabbit skin
glue that this dries to a varnish like toughness.  I have not "soaked" any
pieces finished in this fashion but have spilled water, coffee etc.on some
and it wiped off with no effect.

  Lady Katherine McGuire