SC - dream kitchens

Christina van Tets cjvt at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 13 11:06:05 PDT 2000

Hello the List!

'Lainie asked:
>Here's a question that'll open a can of especially fun, wiggly worms: If
>money was no object and you could have the kitchen of your dreams
>(either home or eventing), what would you do? How would you design it?
>What appliances would you have? What decor? I'm just curious, but I also
>want to see if a couple of my pet theories about cooks pan out...

Steps so I can reach the bottom of the deep freeze without falling in, all
my equipment which is in storage on the other side of the world and has been
for 4 years now, no electrical gadgets apart from fridge and freezer if I
can help it, larder and/or cellar, wood-fired stove with chimney leading to
a smoking chamber (but maybe an electric hotplate for summer).

Decor:  It's quite remarkable how many nationalities have basic peasant
crockery painted in cobalt blue.  I've been collecting, and am up to 6
countries' styles so far.  And I'm about to get a Romanian girl to paint my
biscuit tins for me to match.

What would be really nice would be to have a kitchen that flipped back and
forth easily between mundane and suitable-for-events.  Hm.  How to hide that
deep freeze?

Cairistiona