SC - OT - Pseudo-Medievaloid Cookery Saves the Day

Par Leijonhufvud parlei at algonet.se
Tue Jun 13 22:42:52 PDT 2000

On Tue, 13 Jun 2000 CBlackwill at aol.com wrote:

> My experience has been that marble slabs for pastry and candy work generally
> maintain a fairly cool temperature anyway (at least, until you throw boiling
> sugar syrup on it...)  I have seen hollow marble rolling pins, capped on one
> end, into which you place an ice and water mixture, as well, but have not had
> a need for one of these things.

I have a set consisting of a marble slab and rolling pin (non-hollow).
And yes, they keep cool fairly well, in particular if I first store them
in the fridge overnight before I use them. But a larger, fixed on with a
thermostat would have a certain cool factor. I did not say it was
*needed* under normal conditions, but that if you are talking a
money-is-no-objection-anything-goes style kitchen, then I would want
one.

/UlfR

- --
Par Leijonhufvud                                      parlei at algonet.se
By 2000 we were supposed to have computers bright enough to argue
with us, but that doesn't mean the way Word does it.
		-- Jo Walton