SC - semi-precious stones and pearls

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Wed Jun 14 23:51:19 PDT 2000

Lars said:
> This sounds a lot like a reference I once read regarding face powders in
> Egypt when I was in school. Created a fine white powder not based on anything
> dangerous so as to give you that soft "white, never worked the fields" look
> when used. I think, IMHO, that you are right on with your thoughts here. And
> I think I'll try it, having 6000 seed pearls to work with....

If you do, I'd love to hear how it worked out. And when you think
you've figured out what the "Oyl of Tartar" is please let me know. I
think that was one of the questions that didn't get answered in the
messages I kept. A simple message I can add to the file would be
fine. But an article would be nice, too. :-)
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net