SC - questions

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Thu Jun 15 05:17:45 PDT 2000

I think you've made a valid point.  In fact, I've recently begun to collect
books that deal with information about period cuisines and the place of food in
society.  I've also recently undertaken a study of period kitchens, something
I'm sure most of you have already done, but I'm finding that it helps me
understand why some recipes read the way they do.

This all goes to my basic philosophy of education in general (I am an educator,
in various guises, in my real world life):  If you teach a person how to do
something, you'll have to show them several times.  If you teach a person why
something is done a particular way, along with the "how", learning is much
easier!

Kiri