SC - Ingredient search - please help

Nick Sasso grizly at mindspring.com
Sat Jun 17 09:03:50 PDT 2000

I have been approached by a man in the firm I work in to find out the
nature of an ingredient called "schiracha".  It is in a recipe for a
marinade he got from a restaurant recently.  Other ingredients include
tahini, soy, sweet soy, sesame oil and sugar.  I suspect a root/rhizome
or condiment based on the ingredient list, but that is total conjecture.

He came to me because I am the local "culinary expert" (yeah right), but
I have no idea. I told him I'd consult my international network of
cullinaires for support.  So, anyone got a clue?  I'll post the entire
recipe if someone tells me what this thing is (that would be blatant
spoon tease!)

niccolo difranesco