SC - questions

allilyn at juno.com allilyn at juno.com
Sun Jun 18 20:47:45 PDT 2000

>>Again, I believe the "preparations" mentioned in Du Fait were not for
an
actual feast, but for a "worst (or best) case scenario".  I believe it
was to
be used solely as a model if the cook _ever_ had to prepare for a feast
that
large.<<

Yes, I agree that it is a 'best case' scenario, but I believe he did
prepare such feasts, and, eventually, when the Prince became a Pope, even
bigger ones.  Had Chiquart not done such feasts as he describes, why
would his master have insisted that he write (or dictate) this book?  His
knowledge and wealth of detail argue for first hand information.  I
believe this is more gospel than pie in the sky.

Regards,
Allison,     allilyn at juno.com