SC - Re: SC- I HAVE A THEORY

Robin Carroll-Mann harper at idt.net
Wed Jun 21 19:41:38 PDT 2000

And it came to pass on 21 Jun 00,, that RANDALL DIAMOND wrote:

> In an angry reaction
> to these non-jews (goyiem or "cattle"), the Jewish elders
> set up the current system of supervised harvest and slaughter
> still in use today.
[snip]

> Akim Yaroslavich
> "No glory comes without pain

Let me start with a caveat: I am not Orthodox and am not qualified to
discourse in detail on the history of the laws of kashruth.  The basic
laws are set forth in the Torah, and the interpretations of how they are to
be implemented are in the Talmud, which was codified long before the
16th century.  The _Shulkhan Arukh_, a Jewish legal handbook which
was (and still is) one of the most significant textbooks of Orthodox
Jewish practice, was compiled in the mid-14th century.  (I hope that
someone more knowledgeable than I can correct this, if I am mistaken.)

Your statement about "goyiem" [sic] is not correct.  Goyim does NOT
mean "cattle".  It is the plural of the Hebrew word "goy" meaning
"nation. " "Goyim" (ie., the nations of the world) is the traditional Hebrew
way of referring to non-Jews.  "Gentiles" is the usual English translation.
 If you search in a good search engine like Google, you *will* find a few
websites that state that "goyim" means "cattle".  Most of those
websites belong to vehemently anti-semitic organizations, like the
Posse Comitatus, Stormfront White Pride Worldwide, and Aryan
Nations.  Not surprising, since that particular mistranslation is straight
out of "The Protocols of the Elders of Zion," a 19th century forgery
written by Czarist secret police which purports to be the blueprint of the
Zionist plan to take over the world.

I very much hope that you have quoted this misinformation because you
were ignorant of its falseness and its hateful source.

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Settmour Swamp, East (NJ)
mka Robin Carroll-Mann
harper at idt.net