SC - The truth about Green Beans Savory

Catherine Hartley caitlin_ennis at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 23 13:55:17 PDT 2000

- ----Original Message Follows----
From: Christine A Seelye-King <mermayde at juno.com>

<Snip>

OH MY GOD!! GREEN BEANS SAVORY CAME FROM CARIADOC!!!
I have to admit, I was a little shaken.  He has feet of clay, I said to
myself.
It was a long time ago, I add.   Tara emailed me privately and said "Can
you believe it?".   Well, we will get over the shock, and I believe I
will try encouraging asparagus as an alternative to green beans, and see
how that goes over.  In the mean time, I will contemplate how casual
comments made by myself and others can have far-reaching ripples of
influence, and be awed.
Christianna

<snip>

Just for your information, we did serve STC (as it is known in Atlantia, as
opposed to green beean savory) at Dreamstone last year, here in Meridies,
with Asparagus (and farmer's cheeze instead of cream cheese).

It was a huge hit with none coming back.

I remember a discussion regarding the dish being served as "green bean
savory" in Meridies once described as having cream of mushroom soup in it
along with Fried onion noodles on top -- which is why I wanted to do Savory
toasted cheese at Dreamstone last year...

I just love "SCA anthropology" -- the hows and whys of what we do...

Caitlin of Enniskillen