SC - Lorix's husband in Hospital

Lee-Gwen Booth piglet006 at globalfreeway.com.au
Sun Jun 25 21:38:42 PDT 2000

Unto the Gathered Cooks of the List does Gwynydd send Greetings and Sad New

Lorix's husband, Gryffon du Lac is in hospital and the situation is
critical.  The following is an explanation of the situation from Hrolf who
has been updating the Ynys Fawr List regularly.  Although this is not the
latest, it does tell you what is going on.  The latest information is that
he survived the night and remains critical.  Just two days ago they were
discussing turning off the machines - he then go marginally better.  With
your permission, I will send you the updates as I get them.

Gwynydd

"I have just returned from the Intensive Care Unit at the Royal Hobart
Hospital.  Gryffon is unconscious and on life support.  He is not breathing
independant of his ventilator, although his heart is still strong.  He has
been this way for several days.  While there is still a chance for him, the
prognosis is not good.

"He has a disease called dermamatomyositis, which was not diagnosed until
the
other day.  If detected early it can be treated.  It is a rare muscle
wasting disease.  It affects 5 people in a million, mostly women.  In its
complications it has caused blood clots, some of which have travelled to his
lung area.  He has sufferd from collapsed lungs, partly as a result of this
and also from other complications.

"Please do not ring or contact Lorix as she is spending most of her time at
the hospital and is under severe stress.  If you wish to see Gryff, he is on
the second floor in ICU.  Visits must be short and only two at a time.  He
will not see you and he is wired up and plugged in.

"Please pray for him and Lorix (whatever your religion)."