SC - "Dining with William Shakespeare"

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Fri Jun 30 00:07:48 PDT 2000

Prydwen asked:
> Over the years, I've heard a lot about this book.  I tried to order it
> inter-library loan once or twice, but no one would loan it.  Is it a good
> source, are the recipes authentic?  I guess what I want to know is...is it
> worthwhile to purchase it?  I'd appreciate any input.

You might want to check some of the files in the FOOD-BOOKS section of
the Florilegium. I try to put reviews and even just comments about
various cookbooks in these files. I seem to remember that book being
mentioned on this list before. I'm afraid I don't have time to search
right now, but you might check these files:
16thC-cookbk-bib  (11K)  3/ 2/00    A bibliography of 16th C. cookbooks.
  (mostly primary sources, I think)
cookbooks-bib     (32K)  4/21/97    Cookbook bibliography by Jaelle of Armida.
cookbooks2-bib    (14K) 10/ 3/97    Cookbook bibliography by Stephen Bloch.
cookbooks3-bib    (20K) 10/14/98    Cookbook bibliography by Lady Allison.
cookbooks-msg     (98K)  5/11/99    Reviews of cookbooks with medieval recipes.
                                       Messages posted before September 1995.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net