SC - Long - Help with the sauce for Cormary recipe

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Thu Jun 1 06:10:42 PDT 2000

But, if you soak the bread in some other liquid, 1) it will not be taking
in the flavor of the marinade itself, and 2) it won't have as much
thickening ability because it will have soaked in other liquids.  If your
breadcrumbs are really dry when you start out, they will absorb the
liquid you are trying to thicken more readily.  You might just try
pulverizing the breadcrumbs ahead of time in a food processor (or, get
your kitchen drudges to pound them very fine in a mortar ;)  so that you
don't have to wait around for them to break down as much.
Sounds yummy, where is this recipe from?
Christianna

On Wed, 31 May 2000 03:46:38 EDT CBlackwill at aol.com writes:
> In a message dated 5/31/00 12:13:02 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
> lorix at trump.net.au writes:
>
> > Now my question relates to how to improve this.  Would I have been
> >  better to use fresh pieces of bread to thicken this up?
> >  Alternatively, soak the breadcrumbs in a little wine for awhile,
> prior
> >  to adding the sauce?
> >

> I would soak the fresh bread in wine or broth, which will certainly
> shorten
> the time it takes to break down in the finished dish.  As a matter
> of fact,
> if you soak the bread, and then pound it seperately, you will speed
> things up
> even more.  Just chuck the "bread liquid" into the sauce to finish
> and
> thicken it.
>
> Balthazar of Blackmoor
>
> Mr. Wizard, what happens when you combine pasta and antipasta?

> SCA-Cooks".

===