SC - OT: Silence of the Lambs

CBlackwill at aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Fri Jun 2 10:20:27 PDT 2000

In a message dated 6/2/00 4:53:24 AM Pacific Daylight Time, troy at asan.com
writes:

> > "A census taker tried to interview me once....I ate his liver with some
> fava
>  > beans and a nice Chianti.:  Is that the one you were thinking of, Master
A?

>  More or less. In the book it was different, the adjective used was
>  "big", and the wine, as I recall, was a particular vineyard, not
>  something as generic as Chianti. I've been thinking about how
>  beautifully that role was cast for the film, that I can hear that voice
>  now when reading the book.

I have to agree.  All of the performers in that film did such an outstanding
job.  By the way, if you ever get a chance, read any of the books by John
Douglas (one of the pioneers in FBI profiling).  The warden at Lecter's
institution was loosely based on him, as well as, in my opinion, most of the
other characters in the film.

Balthazar of Blackmoor

Mr. Wizard, what happens when you combine pasta and antipasta?