SC - Re: Aoife's Complaint

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sat Jun 3 14:34:52 PDT 2000

Ras vehemently declared:
> In a message dated 6/2/00 10:21:19 PM Eastern Daylight Time, troy at asan.com
> writes:
>
> << I agree that information is _never_ without value, but this information
>  is available for those who want it, and those who find it offensive
>  should not be forced to allow it to subvert the purpose of the internet
>  service they pay for, any more than any other unsolicited junk mail.
>
>  Adamantius >>
>
> I have certain standards. One is never allowing myself to be compromised in
> my defense of the Constitution. What I have personally done is take the
> posters e-mail address and blocked him/her from being able to post messages
> to me.  I am surprised that everyone else who feels strongly about the issue
> did not do so immediately instead of complaining about it and running off to
> the 'authorities'.

Ras, this doesn't work for those of us who get this list in digest form. It
also doesn't keep this individual from going to one of the multitude of
free email servers and doing it again under an assumed name.

While I hate blocking the list to non-list members, I think this is
probably the thing to do. A goodly number of the kingdom lists are
now blocked to non-members. It certainly complicates my posting of my
monthly Florilegium article to them. I have now arranged for several
folks on various lists to forward the article for me.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net