SC - 90 ingredients Holloptrida translation

Thomas Gloning gloning at Mailer.Uni-Marburg.DE
Tue Jun 6 13:54:22 PDT 2000

Here is what I know/found out about some of the puzzlements:

<< auf Welsch / in the Welsch style ??? >>

_Welsch_ 'italian' (in rare cases for other romance cultures too,
French, Spanish)

<< Wasserrübe >>

'die (sehr wässerige) rübenabart, brassica rapa L. var. rapifera sucosa,
stoppelrübe' (DWb).

<< geselcht Lambfleisch >>

selchen 'to dry, to smoke sth.'

<< Duckente >>

According to DWb, it is the Tauchente (diving duck?)

<< zettelweiß >>

'in the form of layers'; could mean 'in single pieces' too, but I guess
that layers are meant here.

<< das Gewu:ertz/ so jetzt bemelt >>

the ABOVE MENTIONED spices (melden, 'to mention', jetzt 'now,
immediately in the text before')

_Sueltze_ in #33 should be something like a jelly.

Best,
Thomas