SC - vellum/parchment (OT)

CBlackwill at aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Fri Jun 9 12:00:29 PDT 2000

In a message dated 6/9/00 11:55:15 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
ekoogler at chesapeake.net writes:

> there is a merchant at Pennsic that sells parchment...I can't remember the
> name,
>  right off of the top of my head, but I can check it out for you, if you'd
>  like....or I can check with a good friend of mine locally who does
> illumination
>  on vellum and see where she gets the stuff.

Either or both would be greatly appreciated.  Also, if you could ask your
local friend which type of sizing she uses for her gold leaf, that would be
great, too.  I have boiled down some leather, but in practice applications it
does not set "tacky" enough to hold the gold very well (lots of "spotting",
where the gold doesn't adhere)  Thanks so much for your help.

Balthazar of Blackmoor

Mr. Wizard, what happens when you combine pasta and antipasta?