SC - OT - Perfect Kitchen

Lee-Gwen Booth piglet006 at globalfreeway.com.au
Thu Jun 22 22:24:07 PDT 2000

- ----- Original Message -----
From: 'Lainie

> Here's a question that'll open a can of especially fun, wiggly worms: If
> money was no object and you could have the kitchen of your dreams
> (either home or eventing), what would you do? How would you design it?
> What appliances would you have? What decor? I'm just curious, but I also
> want to see if a couple of my pet theories about cooks pan out...

More bench space than you could imagine - and possibly walls with no loose
plaster or scraps of wallpaper; 2 ovens (one large and one small - I
actually have one of these waiting to be installed); a dishwasher (or 2!);
undercupboard space for the appliances I collect (my favourites are the
breadmaker and the food dehydrator) - the appliances would be on "pull up"
drawers so that they could be slid down when not in use.  2 microwaves (one
normal and the other able to do convection); a walk in pantry with a large
freezer.  I can't think of anything else - at the moment anyway!

Oh yes, a separate dining room with a serving hatch between it and the
kitchen, as well as cupboards which can be accessed from either side for
cutlery and crockery.  And I didn't even get on to dreaming about pots!
(Mind you, here I am a novice and don't know what I _should_ want).

I already have the fridge of my dreams.  It is big (can't remember the exact
size, but it was the largest one they had in our price range - AU$1500!  My
Lady was feeling seriously extravagant.) and has - wait for it - fuzzy
logic!  (We get teased a lot about our fridge!)  Basically it can set the
temperature based on the outside temp.   It also learns when it is likely to
be opened and puts more energy into keeping the food cold at those times.
It really does keep food fresh longer - oh, and it is frost free.  No more
trays behind or drainage pipes which block.  There are also buttons for
"fast fridge" and "fast freeze".  I love my fridge!

Gwynydd (who needs to go into the kitchen to bond with her fridge...)