SC - OT - Perfect Kitchen

Decker, Margaret margaret at Health.State.OK.US
Tue Jun 13 07:15:25 PDT 2000

> > Here's a question that'll open a can of especially fun, wiggly worms: If
> > money was no object and you could have the kitchen of your dreams
> > (either home or eventing), what would you do? How would you design it?
> > What appliances would you have? What decor? I'm just curious, but I also
> > want to see if a couple of my pet theories about cooks pan out...

My dream kitchen starts with a huge range, four ovens - 1 standard electric,
1 gas, 1 convection, and 1 of a period construction so Bear can do some of
the experiments he's dreamed of, walk in refrigerator, freezer, dry food
storage and equipment storage, several sinks in various locations,
commercial dish washer, that marble slab with a cooling element under it,
and an office area with very large bookshelves, a couple of computer work
stations, and last but not least a trash compactor. All of this would be
attached to a dining room where we could seat 60 of our closest friends.
There would be a lot of counter space, enough so that Bear could hold hands
on cooking classes. I'd like an ice maker and a commercial size mixer, and
out side the door, an herb garden complete with a gardener who can get
things to grow. Oh yes, almost forgot a hot tub for afterwards. Margarite