SC - questions/kinda long, sorry

Jeff Gedney JGedney at dictaphone.com
Thu Jun 15 15:15:32 PDT 2000

> Thanks. I write from experience; others mileage may vary.
> :)

My dear, I am truly sorry that your experience was so bad.
But what I am most sorry for was that you decided from a single
incident to stay away for so long.
You did not give us the opportunity to show our best to you.
you left after the worst of us.
That was an opportunity missed, and one which I think that
the SCA is diminished for missing.

Folks, If you ever witness such an abhorrent episode, there
are lots of ways to redress it, and to support the affected person.
(This sort of thing does not just happen to "newbies" BTW)

Contact the local seneschal, the head of the person's household
( do it diplomatically ), or write a letter decrying such discourtesy
to the Queen.
We are all obligated to behave with courtesy toward each other,
by the very rules of our society ( check the Corpora, it _is_ in there )

And if it does happen, take the afflicted person aside and help
them to destress, the vent, and then help them up, and explain that
that other "knowitall" was WRONG, and that there are a LOT of
folk who also think it is WRONG.
the system only supports such a**holes because others choose
to be silent.

Having rank and awards does not make an a*sshole "right",
is just gives the a**hole precedence.

brandu