SC - questions/kinda long, sorry

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Fri Jun 16 17:14:59 PDT 2000

In a message dated 6/16/00 11:42:44 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
JGedney at dictaphone.com writes:

<< For every horror story about newbies you come up with, I could come
 up with a dozen where the opposite is true.

 brandu >>

Vivats! I can personally attest to that. An old disenchanted member finding
new vitality in the SCA, a student who went on to become an apprentice of a
Master, 2 students who were elevated to the Laurel, a student that couldn't
boil water literally producing scrumptious feasts, a dear friend that several
rabbits and gnocchi later is one of the people I learn from almost daily, the
list goes on.......

All that was needed was encouragement and a source of authentic recipes, time
in the kitchen, insistence that 'rolling up your sleeves and getting to the
kitchen' was all important and a little support.

Ras