SC - Pennsic feast

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Fri Jun 16 21:55:07 PDT 2000

At 11:19 PM -0400 6/16/00, LrdRas at aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 6/16/00 8:03:41 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>margali at 99main.com writes:
>
><< have you ANY idea how many lbs of beef,
>  pork and chickens it takes to do 10k people>>
>

>  Yes, Chiquart implicitly states quantities for a mass of diners. From that
>we can reasonably figure out how much it would take to feed 10000.

But Chiquart never tells us how many people he's feeding. I did the
calculation the other way around--added up the amount of meat and
concluded that it was on the scale of feeding all of Pennsic for two
days.

>  <<thetas not taking into account
>  vegans of any type!]
>  margali >>
>
>Why would you want to? These type of eaters were restricted to 'holy' men and
>would unlikely have been invitees to a feast.

That isn't Chiquart's opinion. He assumes there will be some people
who are not eating meat (doctor's orders? penance? He doesn't say),
and provides them with their own menu.

David Friedman
Professor of Law
Santa Clara University