SC - Re: Current Pennsic Cookery Classes

alysk at ix.netcom.com alysk at ix.netcom.com
Sat Jun 17 05:30:31 PDT 2000

Maire wrote:
Has anyone ever thought of collating/publishing/otherwise making
>available class notes for those of us who can't make it to large events
>so far away? (*sigh*)

Yes.  For two years (PW 26 and 27) we collected the handouts and gave
them to two different folk who said they would scan them and put them
on a website.  Neither were able to do it.  The volume was _huge_ and
then there was the problem of copyright infringement (IIRC).  Some
handouts include photocopied material from texts, etc.  Removing this
would affect the usefulness of the handout, and it wasn't feasible
to get permission from all those folk, a number of whom weren't cited.
Therefore, last year we stopped collecting handouts.

Alys Katharine