SC - Current Pennsic Cookery Classes

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun Jun 18 18:49:31 PDT 2000

Maire asked:
> Oh, fine, make me whine! I'm cross enough about never getting to go to
> Pennsic, and now I have another reason to be crabby! <ggg>
> Has anyone ever thought of collating/publishing/otherwise making
> available class notes for those of us who can't make it to large events
> so far away? (*sigh*)  Maybe if I quit my job and started walking
> now....

I'm not sure where you are. It is possible that you can work around
the problems you see in getting to Pennsic. Just before Pennsic 27 I
was mentioning on this list that I wasn't going to be able to go
because I couldn't find a ride there. Previously transportation was
always iffy and I had managed to make it only to Pennsic 21, 23 and 25.
Well, thanks to the generosity of several folks on this list who were
willing to loan me a tent and pick me up in Pittsburg I was able to
go. Since this occurred only three weeks prior to Pennsic, it was
a logistics scramble but I made it. So if the problem is transportation
to Pennsic that is the problem, let me know and I'll explain what I've
learned flying to Pennsic the last two years.

As to the class notes, last year I collected the class notes from the
classes I attended and got permission from many of the instructors
to add them to the Florilegium. Several of these are now in the Florilegium.
Unfortunately, the rest of the notes are sitting in a stack here waiting
for when I have time to scan and edit them and get them into the files.

I welcome additional articles and class notes for the Florilegium. The
notes need to be able to stand on their own though, without having the
instructior present in order for them to be of use in the Florilegium.
I also welcome bibliographies, perferably annotated ones.

While I accept items from other than the author, I do need explicit
permission from the original author before I can add them to the
Florilegium. Electronic versions are best, although I can scan
printed material.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net