SC - sweets to sell with hot drinks - recipes needed

Lee-Gwen Booth piglet006 at globalfreeway.com.au
Sat Jun 24 10:21:31 PDT 2000

Unto the Gathered Cooks of the List does Gwynydd of Culloden send Greetings:

I have been asked by a friend if I want to bake some cookies (*shudder* -
biscuits if you please!) to be sold at an upcoming War.  She is planning to
sell tea and coffee (yes, she knows they aren't period!) and also some of my
syrups (served hot, the lemon one is wonderful on a winter's day - the rose
isn't bad either [recipes at: http://www.sca.org.au/ynys_fawr/recipes.htm]).
I am also going to send her the Spiced Chocolate recipe (I know that it is
outside of period, but the "feel" is right.).

I don't have an oven (as you may all remember) and would like things which
are easy to put together and also can be sold relatively cheaply.  I will
probably do some Gingerbrede (or however it is spelled) and some Turkish
Delight, but I would like some more ideas.  Period, please.

Oh, assume that I have checked out (or am in the process of checking now)
the Miscellany and the Florilegium!

Gwynydd