SC - middle ages, renaissance for historical reenactment, SCA (http://users.neca.co

allilyn at juno.com allilyn at juno.com
Fri Jun 23 16:45:56 PDT 2000

>>has anyone used these guys? Are they reliable?<<

Absolutely!  Lady Carlein has her bookstall for Small Churl Books right
beside Devra's Poison Pen Press in the Bazaar by the oval, each Pennsic.
While she does not specialize in costume and cookery books as Devra does,
she has a very wide assortment of books, which is NOT to be missed!  Many
of her books are remainders or something publishers do to make the cost
more reasonable.  I have many books from her in my personal library.
IIRC, such things as The Anglo-Saxon Chronicles, Europe 1492,  Giotto to
Duerer, Caxton's Description of Britain, just as an example.  Possibly of
more use to the eclectic costumer, for garb painting reproductions, but
with many art books, cookery related paintings may be found.  There are
usually a lot of books related to chivalry, illumination, etc.

I like Carlein very much.  You who have been to Pennsic have probably
shopped there without realizing it.  Have not used the web listing, but
will check it out.

Regards,
Allison,     allilyn at juno.com