SC - Liqueurs

Tue Jun 27 12:21:21 PDT 2000

Cask aging is more to take the raw edge off the alcohol than to add flavor.
The flavor is generally dependent on the preparation of the mash.  The use
of wooden casks, whether plain, charcoaled, or previously used for wine, is
meant to mellow the flavor.

And if you think whiskey needs to be casked to be whiskey, just try some
triple run 140-proof White Mule straight from the Mason Jar.  If you do, the
idea of aging whiskey in a cask becomes self-explanatory.

Bear