SC - medieval times?

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Tue Jun 27 15:42:00 PDT 2000

"Cindy M. Renfrow" wrote:

> >A thought:
> >
> >Why should we expect folks in Germany to "know" what is medieval and what
> >isn't just because they are from Germany?  Do we expect folks who live in
> >Virginia to "know" what colonists ate?
>
> Uh, yes, I do.  This subject is taught in U.S. grade schools, usually as a
> part of state history. From what I can tell, German schools also are heavy
> on local history, and some of them put on medieval feasts for the history
> classes.
>
> cindy

It's also a school system that prides itself on being one of the better
models in the world, and generally superior to the average U.S. public
school. They may be right about that.

On the other hand, I wonder what percentage of this place's clientele
are in fact Americans anyway...

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy