SC - Greetings, passing on a question

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Jun 1 03:44:06 PDT 2000

CBlackwill at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 5/31/00 12:45:50 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
> phlip at morganco.net writes:
>
> >  I suggest that perhaps you,
> >  and she might want to look at the fabulous body of information we have,
> both
> >  in print, and on line, about recipes and cooking methods, before you ask
> >  such a question.
>
> Well...that certainly sounded rude....
> I don't think it was meant that way, but jeez...

Possibly a touch of the Universal Self-Congratulatory Gesture: extend
the right hand, palm upwards, reach up and back over whichever shoulder
it's easier to circumnavigate, and pat gently between shoulder blades...

But I agree, it was prolly more a matter of itchy keyboard fingers than
any intent to be rude, especially when you realize that this is exactly
what the lady in question would do if it were her own question.

> Balthazar of Blackmoor
> (who refuses to get back into the topic of "authentic v. period")

Well, in the case of saffron, they're often the same thing...

Adamantius, keeping on eye on the low door-lintel in the entryway into
the rock...
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com