SC - corn and potatoes together (OOP)

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Thu Jun 1 06:15:18 PDT 2000

> > Unto the Gathered Cooks of the List does Gwynydd send Greetings -
> and the following (seriously OOP question):
> > I am on another food related List, and someone asked this
> question.
> > Frankly it sounds like a myth to me, does anyone have any ideas?
> > "I have heard that to eat corn and potatos in the
> > same meal is a bad idea, since it creates a starch very difficult
> to digest properly - myth?"
> > Gwynydd

	This almost sounds like the (seriously OOP - early 1900's) theory of
Food Combining, where starches should only be combined with vegetables,
and proteins should be combined with vegetables, but not starch with
protein, and fruit should only be eaten by itself.  However, I've never
heard of not combining different kinds of starches in the same meal.
	Christianna