SC - Anasazi beans

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Fri Jun 2 04:53:39 PDT 2000

CBlackwill at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 6/1/00 7:25:51 PM Pacific Daylight Time, troy at asan.com
> writes:
>
> > Hey, if you expect people to get the reference, you've gotta get it
> >  right. That's "a big Chianti" (but did they change it to "a fine
> >  Chianti" for the movie?), and they were fava beans.
>
> "A census taker tried to interview me once....I ate his liver with some fava
> beans and a nice Chianti.:  Is that the one you were thinking of, Master A?

More or less. In the book it was different, the adjective used was
"big", and the wine, as I recall, was a particular vineyard, not
something as generic as Chianti. I've been thinking about how
beautifully that role was cast for the film, that I can hear that voice
now when reading the book.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy