SC - Re: Aoife's Complaint

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Fri Jun 2 22:13:43 PDT 2000

In a message dated 6/2/00 10:21:19 PM Eastern Daylight Time, troy at asan.com
writes:

<< I agree that information is _never_ without value, but this information
 is available for those who want it, and those who find it offensive
 should not be forced to allow it to subvert the purpose of the internet
 service they pay for, any more than any other unsolicited junk mail.

 Adamantius >>

I have certain standards. One is never allowing myself to be compromised in
my defense of the Constitution. What I have personally done is take the
posters e-mail address and blocked him/her from being able to post messages
to me.  I am surprised that everyone else who feels strongly about the issue
did not do so immediately instead of complaining about it and running off to
the 'authorities'. This poster can never send me an e-mail again unless I
remove him from the blocked list. I would never presume to have him removed
from his server because others who may welcome his posts would not be able to
do so if they chose. I have little understanding for those who choose to use
what ever power they have to in-force their personal agenda on others
regarding free speech, press or any other area covered by the Bill of Rights.
They certainly have a 'right' to try but that observation does little to
increase my understanding as to why they would choose to do so when a few
clicks of the mouse would serve to close the puncture in their protective
bubble. But then again perhaps other servers don't have this option available
for their clients. More is the pity.

Ras