SC - Tempera question

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Wed Jun 7 08:12:43 PDT 2000

I also have it on authority of a Laurel friend of mine that cockroaches
just love to eat egg-based tempera paint.  I wonder what they did in
period to prevent this?  Perhaps in England this was not a problem, but
I'd be willing to be it was in the warmer climes.
Christianna

On Wed, 7 Jun 2000 04:13:54 EDT CBlackwill at aol.com writes:
 For those interested, it is very period, and was the major paint used
 for illumination up until the arrival of oil-based paint in the 14th