SC - quenelles again...

CBlackwill at aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Thu Jun 8 12:34:06 PDT 2000

In a message dated 6/8/00 10:24:13 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
lcatherinemc at hotmail.com writes:

>  Old fashion "school
>  tempora"(powdered) tempora paint is getting harder and harder to find.  It
>  has been replaced by acrlic pre-mixed paints.

Fine Art Supplies out of New Zealand supplies the original "school tempera",
as well as their own gesso formulation, and a plethora of other art supplies
and inks.  They can be found at www.fasart.com.  Unfortunately, the gentleman
whom I was hoping to provide me with vellum has gone on Hiatus for awhile.
Any other good, reasonable sources out there?

Balthazar of Blackmoor

(who has noticed that most modern illuminators re-creating period works have
switched over to using gauche instead of tempera.  I wonder why?)

Mr. Wizard, what happens when you combine pasta and antipasta?