SC - 90 ingredients Holloptrida translation

allilyn at juno.com allilyn at juno.com
Fri Jun 9 18:21:23 PDT 2000

<<The interesting point is the woodcut appears to be Meleagris gallapavo,
the
North American woodland turkey of U.S. Thanksgiving Day fame.  The turkey
that was probably available at the time was the Central American turkey,
Agriocharis ocellata, which was brought to Europe by Cortez.<<

Bear,

As I wouldn't know the difference, how would it affect our cooking?
Size, taste, etc"

Gwen-Cat or Thomas, do either of you know when the woodcut was made and
added to Rumpold's book?  Is there evidence that the woodcuts are as old
as the recipes?

Regards,
Allison,     allilyn at juno.com