SC - Re: Help-Scottish recipes

grizly at mindspring.com grizly at mindspring.com
Sat Jun 10 06:41:12 PDT 2000

<<<SNIP>>>The earliest printed Scottish cookbook was written by a Mrs McClintock and pbulished in 1736. F. Marian McNeill´s The Scots Kitchen is probably the best source for old and traditional Scottish recipes, with lofts of history thrown in.  (Which reminds me - ít has been on my "must have" list for quite some time, so now I´m off to search for a copy of the original edition.) >>>>>>>>

Acanthus Books appears to have a facsimile reprint of the 1st edition for $20.00US.  Maychance that meets your need.

 McNeill, F. Marian: The Scots Kitchen: Its Tradition and Lore with Old-time recipes ; Edinburgh: Mercat, 1994. facsimile, New, 259, Facsimile of 1929 edition., paperback, Scotland Scottish cookery cookbook recipes food history Acanthus Books   (UR#:BOOKS000084I)  Offered for sale by Acanthus Books at US$20.00

niccolo
(unsolicited advertisement <g>)