SC - A page on which I would appreciate your comments/suggestions (OOP, O...

CBlackwill at aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Mon Jun 12 00:38:42 PDT 2000

In a message dated 6/12/00 12:24:28 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
piglet006 at globalfreeway.com.au writes:

> There is a competition being hosted by the Exeter Online Access Centre
>  (Tasmania rural internet centre) and I have decided to enter.  The prize
(in
>  case you are interested) is a digital camera which would be really useful
in
>  terms of the Ynys Fawr page (yes, I do have a life outside the SCA, I just
>  have trouble finding it some days!).

Loved the site!  I don't have my speakers set up right now, but didn't really
need them, since I was familiar with most of the tunes already.  Good stuff
on there.  Go for it.

One question, though:  How is a blind person supposed to read a web page?  I
know this may show my ignorance on the subject, but in truth I am quite
curious, since I had a daughter at one time  who, due to a massive tumor, was
very nearly completely blind.  I had always wondered how I would manage to
teach her, and how she would get along in a world which, for the very great
part, is geared towards the sighted.  I am assuming there are
programs/hardware out there which will "read" a web page?  Is this correct?
Not trying to be insensitive, I hope you understand.  Just very curious.

Balthazar of Blackmoor

Mr. Wizard, what happens when you combine pasta and antipasta?