SC - blood pudding, sausages

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Mon Jun 12 21:54:37 PDT 2000

Lady Katherine McGuire asked:
> On this topic.  A friend just returned from Irland and was discribing the
> food she encountered.  She said that they offered "blood pudding," both dark
> and white, and some  other kind of saussage. Is ther a recipe for these or
> any documentation for our period.  I thought it might not have changed much.
> I want to do this for part of a "breakfast" for a up coming estates meeting
> for another group.

Blood pudding for breakfast?!!! Yuck. :-)

Check these files in the FOOD section of the Florilegium:
haggis-msg        (79K) 10/ 6/99    Scottish haggis recipes. comments on haggis.
organ-meats-msg   (60K)  5/25/00    Period cooking of organ meats.
puddings-msg      (58K)  1/ 7/00    Medieval puddings. Recipes.
Custards.
sausages-msg      (96K)  6/ 8/00    Period sausages. Making sausage.
White-Mash-art     (8K) 11/20/99    A white pudding from the
Harpestraeng
                                       manuscript by Elysant de Holtham.

Perhaps this file might also be of use. However, we just had a discussion
on breakfasts with some menus from period being given. They are not in
this file yet, but I will try to have them in and this file up on the
website in the next week or so.
breakfast-msg     (50K)  2/15/00    What's for breakfast? SCA and period.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net