SC - OT -Dream Kitchen

KallipygosRed at aol.com KallipygosRed at aol.com
Tue Jun 13 11:44:11 PDT 2000

Okay, I have to get in on this, just for the dream of it. I want a kitchen
with exposed beams, and bright colors so that It doesn't feel dreary.  My
current kitchen is 12x6, not counting the 2' of counterspace. I want more
SPACE. I want a marble countertop for baking, a wood countertop for cutting,
and the rest in shiny metal to accomodate hot pots and whatever. I want real
wood cabinets, a floor to ceiling spice rack, one bottle deep, about three
feet wide, behind a pexiglass door so I don't have to dust it. I live in
Arizona--Everything gets dusty. I want glass fronted china cabinets for all
my lovely collected china, and a seating area near it, with a fireplace, for
hot buttered drinks and popcorn in the event of a cold night (yeah, right!).
I want rubber flooring in the cooking area so my poor back will last another
25 years.  Skylights for daytime work, day imitating lights for night so I
don't have to exist like a plant in an office when cooking dinner (I hate
flourescent!). I want efficiency and planning; a walk in pantry, and two prep
sinks at different points so that the vegee person is not messing with the
dessert person. I want a quiet, industrial dishwasher. And a Viking replica
stove and two Viking replica ovens. I want the whole shebang to look like it
just came out of a French Country Kitchen; but with all the convenience of
modern tech. And I want cobalt blue stemweare and bowls, and a zebra rug by
the fireplace.....

Lars