WAS: SC - questions

CBlackwill at aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Tue Jun 13 21:35:02 PDT 2000

In a message dated 6/13/00 8:43:02 PM Pacific Daylight Time, LrdRas at aol.com
writes:

> << in
>   trying to overcome that we often pander to modern tastebuds & select only
>   "safe" recipes which we KNOW will appeal to the meat & taters palate, and
> in
>   the process veer away from what was done... >>
>
>  Interesting. Never been there. Never done that.

I think this was meant in the collective "we", and not the "me and Ras 'we'".
 Any time a new cook comes onto this list, I see the same thing happen.  The
vast majority of the members give them great advice on making the transition
from "modern" to "period" cooking, and then one or two folks pipe up with a
"holier than thou" attitude and scare them off.  Come on now, folks.  Are you
"sure" it isn't better to start them off with something they are familiar
with, and then gradually bring them further into the fold?  Seems like this
would be a better way to deal with the "culture shock"...

Balthazar of Blackmoor

Mr. Wizard, what happens when you combine pasta and antipasta?