SC - semi-precious stones and pearls

KallipygosRed at aol.com KallipygosRed at aol.com
Wed Jun 14 11:44:51 PDT 2000

In a message dated 6/13/00 10:02:48 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
stefan at texas.net writes:

> o make a true Majistery of Pearl.
>  > Dissolve two or three ounces of fine seed Pearl in distilled Vinegar, &
>  > when it is perfectly dissolved, and all taken up, pour the Vinegar into a
>  > clean glass bason; then drop some few drops of Oyl of Tartar upon it, &
it
>  > will cast down the Pearl into fine Powder, then pour the Vinegar clean
off
>  > softly, then put to the Pearl clear Conduit or Spring water, pour that
off,

>  > and do so often untill the taste of the Vinegar and Tartar be clean gone,
>  > then dry the powder of Pearl upon warm embers, and keep it for your use.
>  >
>  > This is toward the back of the book, in a section entitled "Choice
Secrets
>  > made known", not in the food sections.

This sounds a lot like a reference I once read regarding face powders in
Egypt when I was in school. Created a fine white powder not based on anything
dangerous so as to give you that soft "white, never worked the fields" look
when used. I think, IMHO, that you are right on with your thoughts here. And
I think I'll try it, having 6000 seed pearls to work with....

Lars