SC - questions

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Wed Jun 14 22:47:55 PDT 2000

At 1:58 AM -0400 6/15/00, CBlackwill at aol.com wrote:

>Again, I believe the "preparations" mentioned in Du Fait were not for an
>actual feast, but for a "worst (or best) case scenario".  I believe it was to
>be used solely as a model if the cook _ever_ had to prepare for a feast that
>large.

Personally I think Chiquart was trying to talk his boss into doing
such a feast, but that's only a guess. But the tone of the book
implies that this is the largest size feast that gets done, not that
it is a proposal for a feast larger than anyone ever does.

David/Cariadoc
http://www.daviddfriedman.com/