SC - Poppa's mustard

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Thu Jun 15 05:22:40 PDT 2000

Additional thoughts:  (sorry for the second message)
I have always been told (by those in the brewing and vintning areas) that must
is left over from making wine.  I guess the question then would be whether or
not the must was left over after the fermentation process or collected prior to
fermentation.  I had always assumed after.  Can anyone state one way or the
other?

Also:  I always allow my mustard to age for at least 6 weeks before using.  How
much of the alcohol would be left after that amount of time?  I do this because
it has a rather unpleasant edge to it when it's first made, and this edge
mellows as the mustard ages.

Kiri