SC - A Soup for the Qan....revisited once again

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Thu Jun 15 05:37:23 PDT 2000

- --------------4A5AD49CE8333608DC9EC5B5

Admittedly, I don't usually haul my books to Pennsic, especially ones that cost
$127!!  However, just 'cause you asked so nicely, I'll be sure to bring it
along.  I'll even try to pack it so that I can bring it down when we come for
dinner the evening of land grab.  We are still on for that, aren't we?  If so,
what can we bring?

Understand:  all of this is predicated on my being able to come.  I still don't
know what my job situation will be at that point.  We've already decided that,
if I'm still unemployed, I'll be there...and I plan on trying to make those two
weeks off part of my employment condition, when that time comes!  So I believe
I'll be there, but still don't know for absolutely sure!

Kiri

phlip at morganco.net wrote:

> Kiri,
>
> That book had better make it to Pennsic, to SPCA encampment, for at
> least a couple of hours. There's no way I can buy it right now, and
> I'm dying to see it- Paul has been a friend for a couple of years!.
>
> Phlip ;-)
>
> > Well, I guess that the old saw "It's the squeaky wheel that gets
> > greased" works just fine in the world of booksellers.  When last we
> > talked about this subject, I had just been told by Barnes & Noble
> that
> > they didn't have a copy to send me (after I had found out that
> > Adamantius had received his...er his wife's...copy of the book).  I
> > responded that I was distressed that they had done this as I had
> ordered
> > mine first.  They responded with a form e-mail apologizing for "any
> > inconvenience" this might have caused me.  I wrote back indicating
> that
> > I didn't think that a form letter was sufficient apology, and that
> I'd
> > take my business elsewhere in the future.
> >
> > Late last week, I got another message from them apologizing once
> again
> > and asking me to place the order again...which I did, just for grins
> and
> > giggles.  I felt certain that I'd either be told again that it was
> out
> > of stock...or that I'd be charged the $200+ amount.  Also, the
> message
> > contained a $10 discount certificate.  The order was confirmed,
> > and...you guessed it!....the book arrived in the mail yesterday, at
> the
> > price of $121 and change, including postage!
> >
> > So.  Kiri is now a happy camper!  Thanks to all of you for listening
> > my kvetching!
> >
> > Kiri (on her way back upstairs to spend more time in joyous
> > contemplation and study of her new prize!!!)

> Cooks".

- --------------4A5AD49CE8333608DC9EC5B5

Admittedly, I don't usually haul my books <i>to </i>Pennsic, especially
ones that cost $127!!  However, just 'cause you asked so nicely, I'll
be sure to bring it along.  I'll even try to pack it so that I can
bring it down when we come for dinner the evening of land grab.  We
are still on for that, aren't we?  If so, what can we bring?
I still don't know what my job situation will be at that point.  We've
already decided that, if I'm still unemployed, I'll be there...and I plan
on trying to make those two weeks off part of my employment condition,
when that time comes!  So I believe I'll be there, but still don't
know for absolutely sure!
last we
"any
it was